Confident Bali Dental Clinic Best Dentist in Bali
Bruxism is commonly defined as involuntary clenching, grinding and gnashing of one’s teeth. Around 5% of the world population are regular grinders which often happened during their sleep; however, some people grind their teeth even when they are all awake.
Frequently, a person does not realize that they grind their teeth during the night in their sleep. Their sleeping partners are the first who notice the problem. Teeth grinding could also be a consequence of stress. For instance, some people grind their teeth when they feel really angry, concentrate or even feel anxious.
There are a number of symptoms experienced by those who have teeth grinding, they are, as follows :
- Produce grinding sounds while the person is fall asleep
- Feel headache, jaw joint or ear pain
- Have toothache, particularly just after waking up
- Aching or facial stiffness and temples just after waking up
- Aching or stiffness in the jaws while chewing, mostly during having breakfast
- Clenching the jaw when feel angry, anxious or concentrating
- Temperature-sensitive teeth
- Cracked or chipped tooth enamel
- Tooth indentations on the tongue
- Raised tissue will be experienced inside of the cheek when biting
- Loose teeth
Effects Of Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
There are several problems aroused when suffering teeth grinding. They are, as follows :
- Fractured tooth enamel
- More wear and tear on the teeth than is normal situation
- Broken teeth or broken restorations
- Strain on the jaw joint
- Pain experiencing in the jaw joint or limited movement
- Sore jaw muscles
- Tooth loss (rare experienced)
- Enlargement of the jaw muscles (rare experienced)
- Teeth sensitivity to hot and cold temperature
Biological as well as psychological could be the cause of bruxism or external factors such as smoking, caffeine, alcohol and some drugs. A professional dentist can examined the influence of these factors. Moreover, teeth grinding is also generally suffered by children. Because their teeth as well as their jaws adjust and grow fast, it is not usually a damaging habit that needs treatment and most outgrow it by their teenage years.
A professional dentist will examine the teeth and talk about possible treatment options. They can be as follows :
- Repair of tooth damage
- Provide a special mouth guard “bite splint” to use during the sleep so the guard is worn down instead of your teeth. In most cases, a bite splint is going to help only with the symptoms and is not going to stop grinding altogether
Management Of Bruxism
The following steps can be followed to manage bruxism, they are as follows :
- Therapy of stress management
- Relaxation techniques
- Therapy of cognitive behavior
- Regular exercise
- Relaxing muscles medication
More info please contact us : balidentalclinic.com
Fill this form and if you want to book appoinment with our doctor.
Please write schedule date and descrive your emdical condition in message box.
Our representative will response to you as soon as possible.